Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread mold throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which can become airborne and then circulate inside your home.
What Not to Do:
- Do not touch or disturb the mold.
- Do not blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Do not attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Do not spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of McKinney for mold remediation services.
If you find or suspect mold growing in your home or business, call SERVPRO of McKinney at 469-714-4955. We will call in an air quality consultant to take air samples and come up with the proper protocol to remediate the mold.