We Are Faster to Any Size Disaster
When a storm hits your McKinney, Texas home or business, you need help immediately! SERVPRO of McKinney is available 24/7 for an emergency response. An immediate response will help prevent secondary damage and help reduce restoration costs.
As a leader in storm and water damage restoration, SERVPRO of McKinney has the specialized training and expertise to restore your home or business back to its pre-storm condition. Our restoration process puts an emphasis on scientific drying techniques and progress monitoring. We will work with your insurance company to provide the needed information for your claim.
Major storms and flooding events can overwhelm many restoration companies. On the other hand, SERVPRO of McKinney can access resources from 1,700 Franchises across the state and country and even utilize Disaster Recovery Teams for major storms and disasters.
Call SERVPRO of McKinney at 469-714-4955. We also offer reconstruction services!
Steps to Take for a Leaking Water Pipe
Water pipes can leak at any time. If this should happen in your home or business, follow these steps to help reduce the resulting water damage:
- Turn off the water supply at the main valve, which is typically located in an underground box at the front of your property near the street, although the valve might be in the garage or near the hot water heater.
TIP: Be prepared and locate the main water valve before an emergency arises!
- If the leaking pipe is a hot water line, make sure to also turn off the water valve at the top of your hot water heater.
- Once you have turned off the main water valve, call a plumber to get the necessary repairs done to the water pipe.
SERVPRO of McKinney is the one to call if you have any type of water damage in your home or business. Our professionals use top-of-the-line equipment to extract the water. Our dehumidifiers and air movers will then be placed to help speed up the drying process, with the ultimate goal of reducing the extent of the damage in your home or business.
Call SERVPRO of McKinney at 469-714-4955. We also offer reconstruction services!
Commercial Property Water Damage
Regardless of how it happened, water damage events at commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether it’s a relatively small water cleanup or a large scale flooding, SERVPRO of McKinney works quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area.
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO of McKinney specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Call SERVPRO of McKinney at 469-714-4955 for your water restoration emergencies. We also offer reconstruction services!
SERVPRO of McKinney is an IICRC Certified Firm
IICRC Certified Firm Designation
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification, which is commonly referred to as IICRC, has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field, such as manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
As an IICRC Certified Firm, SERVPRO of McKinney is recognized for its expertise, professional excellence and commitment to the cleaning, inspection and restoration industries standard of car. To receive and maintain this certification, SERVPRO of McKinney:
- has pledged to maintain an awareness of and knowledge about the IICRC’s published standards that are relevant to our operations;
- will seek and promote educational training for our technicians to enhance proficiency;
- provide service that results in elevated levels of customer satisfaction;
- be prompt;
- conduct business with honesty, integrity and fairness;
- build consumer confidence in the industry; and,
- promote good relations with affiliate industries.
Call SERVPRO of McKinney at 469-714-4955 for all of your restoration needs.
Fire Prevention Tips
Fire damage can be stressful and overwhelming. A fire is something that nobody expects to happen to them; but if it does happen to you, everything will become extremely chaotic in a short amount of time. Here are some things you can do in advance to help reduce the chance of a fire in your home:
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home and in all bedrooms.
- Test the smoke alarms every month.
- Replace the batteries in smoke alarms every 12 months.
- Have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
- Never leave cooking unattended.
- Keep pot holders, towels and curtains away from flames.
- Never smoke in bed or when you are drowsy or medicated.
- Keep matches and lighters away from children.
- Do not overload electrical outlets or extension cords.
- Do not run electrical cords under rugs.
- Replace old or frayed electrical cords.
- Have an escape plan, make sure your whole family knows the plan, and then practice it.
Keep your home and family safe!
Spring Storm Season is Here!
Spring brings beautiful flowers and ugly storms! If you haven’t already done so, you should prepare for the storm season by developing a Storm Emergency Plan and putting together a Home Emergency Kit, so that you and your family know what to do during stormy weather in north Texas.
- Develop a Storm Emergency Plan. Make sure every family member knows the safe meeting place to go to inside your home. In case you must evacuate your home, plan an evacuation route and establish a meeting place. Consider an escape ladder if your home has more than one level. If you have young children, elderly people or someone with special needs living in your home, make sure there is a plan in place that will help these loved ones get to safety.
- Create a Home Emergency Kit. Consider including the following items in your emergency kit: flashlights, portable radio, first aid supplies, essential medications, waterproof bags, matches, candles, batteries, landline phone, safety gear like gloves and goggles, drinking water and non-perishable food for 3-4 days. Also include emergency contact and doctors’ phone numbers, and a camera to document damage from the storm. Be sure to include non-perishable formula and diapers for babies, and pet food for your four-legged family members.
- Turn off or unplug major appliances such as microwaves, TVs, and computers. This will prevent damage to appliances and overloads to the power system when power is restored.
Water, Water Everywhere
This commercial property flooded overnight. SERVPRO of McKinney arrived on site before 7 am to begin the water mitigation/restoration process.
If you’re on a cruise ship, you expect to see water everywhere you look. But in your home or office, having water everywhere means BIG TROUBLE!
There are many sources of water in our homes and offices, such as sinks, toilets, water heaters, washing machines, water fountains, and we need and want them when they are in good working order. But when the water doesn’t stay in it’s intended space, such as if a toilet water supply line breaks or a washing machine hose ruptures, water can quickly spread throughout your home or office. That’s when you need to call a water mitigation/restoration company like SERVPRO of McKinney.
SERVPRO of McKinney is available 24/7 to respond to water related emergencies. Our crew is well trained in water mitigation strategies, such as extracting water and strategically placing air movers and dehumidifiers to dry structural materials. We use moisture meters to detect the moisture level in structural materials and we will monitor the moisture percentages daily until the materials are dry.
If you have water someplace where it’s not supposed to be, call SERVPRO of McKinney at 469-714-4955. We also offer reconstruction services!
Commercial Water Damage
Unwanted water in your McKinney, Texas business can cause major damage to the building and an interruption to your business. Whether it’s from a leaking roof, a ruptured pipe, a toilet overflow or surface water intrusion, water damage is not only upsetting but can lead to loss of revenue due to business interruption, damage to equipment or products, employee downtime, etc.
Once the source of the water intrusion has been shut off or repaired, SERVPRO of McKinney will work to minimize these losses for you by using multiple highly-efficient drying techniques. Extracting standing water is usually the first step. We have specialty equipment to measure the moisture level in the walls, floors, ceilings, etc., and based on the amount of moisture we will place dehumidifiers and air movers to dry out the wet materials. To prevent secondary damage, sometimes structural components such as carpet, baseboards, drywall, ceiling tile might have to be removed if they are not drying quickly enough.
If your business experiences water damage, call SERVPRO of McKinney at 469-714-4955. We also offer reconstruction services!
The Do’s and Don’ts of Fire and Smoke Cleanup
If you have smoke or fire damage in your home or office, we know it’s hard to be patient and not start cleaning yourself. However, smoke and fire damage clean up is different from normal dirt and dust, and you might accidentally cause more damage to your property or the contents. Please let the professionals at SERVPRO of McKinney help you with cleaning smoke or fire damage.
There are some things that you should not do, as well as some things that you can do, to help minimize the damage.
- Do not try washing anything yourself. This could cause the soot to become embedded into the item.
- Do not shampoo your carpet, rugs or upholstered furniture. Talk to a professional first.
- Do not clean any electronics without contacting a professional.
- Do not consume any food or beverages that may have been affected by the fire, soot, or smoke.
- Do not turn ceiling fans on. This will stir up the soot residue.
- Keep movement in the building to a minimum. This helps keep particles from being embedded in carpet and fabrics.
- Wash your hands a lot and be careful not to transfer or wipe soot onto other surfaces.
- If the electricity is off, empty the refrigerator and freezer, and prop the doors open to prevent odors.
- Turn off the furnace and air conditioner to avoid smoke damage to the system and to avoid spreading smoke throughout the property. It’s also good to change the filter, since it could have a lingering smoke odor.
- Call SERVPRO of McKinney at 469-714-4955 for your fire or smoke restoration needs.
Choose SERVPRO of McKinney
Why choose SERVPRO of McKinney? Because SERVPRO of McKinney’s owners and production crews take pride in being faster to any disaster. We know that when a disaster hits, the last thing a homeowner or business owner wants is to have to wait for help. We are confident that we will be there for you in a timely manner and be able to start helping right away.
To make sure that we stand true to our promise, we are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We have on-call managers and technicians to make sure we are able to help whenever disaster may hit. We know that disasters are not planned and we want our customers to feel secure and to know that we are available 100% of the time.
If you have a water, smoke or fire disaster, call SERVPRO of McKinney today at 469-714-4955. SERVPRO of McKinney also offers reconstruction services!